Do you want to know which are the best free directory submission sites to submit your site or blog for indexing? There are a lot of directory submission sites.
Using a directory submission site to generate high-quality backlinks is one of the most popular off-page techniques for increasing website rankings. It helps boost the position of the site in major search engines, such as Google.
It’s a methodology where you submit (add) website links or URLs, including all website information in a web directory under a particular category. You can select from (choose from) free directory submission sites or pay as per your choice and preference.
It doesn’t get any better than this! Getting a backlink from one of the largest and most authoritative websites on earth is one of the most beneficial and advantageous SEO techniques as it improves the ranking of your website and increases traffic. In fact, backlinks are highly recommended by experts for increasing the SEO search.
Direct marketing is still the most effective and the cheapest source of generating leads. It’s still an excellent source for lead generation and conversion. And, for certain niches, it will continue to outperform other marketing channels for years to come.
Free Directory Submission Sites List
What Are The Benefits of Directory Submission Sites?
These websites are great for gathering information. Simply put, a telephone directory is an information superhighway. The links and information posted on these websites are used to compile various different types of directories. There are many different types of directories, like business, events, news, forums, blogs, etc.
Websites such as these help to increase the search engine’s ranking. This in turn increases the traffic. The primary role of web directories is to enable website owners to submit their website’s information.
Thus, it is a place where the websites are listed.
Types of Directory Submissions
There are three main types of directory submissions you will encounter when you are trying to get your site listed in a directory. They are as follows:
- Basic Directory Submission- By submitting just one long URL to a distinct category, you can have up to 7 different product listings in that category. One per product, one for each of the main headings you choose to use in your description.
- Manual Directory Submission- In this program, several descriptive titles are created for several different descriptions and one URL.
- Multiple Directory Submission- Numerous internal URLs of the same website are submitted with various titles and descriptions.
Advantages of Web Directory Submission in SEO
1. Increased Traffic – Submitting your website to many different directories will increase the quantity and diversity of links to your site. This will help you improve your ranking and achieve more visibility and traffic. It is a proven method for SEO and link diversity.
2. Higher Ranking – If you use top search engines such as Google, Yahoo or Bing, you can get a lot of traffic to your website. The best way to get links from other websites is to get listed in the top search engine directories.
3. More Referrals – Needless to say, if you use the appropriate keywords, it can influence your Directory submission listed in the search engine. Submitting your site to the major search engines is an important part of increasing traffic to your site. By using the right keywords, you can attract the right people to your site.
4. Faster Indexing – Search engines give higher priority to websites with lots of backlinks. As a result, once a web page gets indexed, the chances of that page getting selected for a relevant (or totally irrelevant) search are higher.
Types of Directory Submission Sites
There are many sites that accept directory submissions, and it is important to understand what kind of sites make up each major category. This will help you understand how to approach each category of site as well as which sites you should work on and which ones you should avoid.
1. Free Directory Submission Sites: Free sites are slower than paid sites, but they do give more certain results. The problem with free sites is they take a lot of time to give results. Paid sites give instant results, but they don’t always give permanent results.
2. Automated Directory Submission: There are many online tools and software available to help you optimize your website for search engines.
3. Paid Directory Submission: Paid submission can help you get links, especially if you use it in conjunction with other techniques. But be careful, because some sites will extract every cent from your bank account with a vengeance.
4. Manual Directory Submission: This is a slightly time-consuming and tough method as here you would have to do the complete task on your own.
5. Dofollow Directory Submission: If you want to increase the blog ranking, then this method enables you to get higher placement (on the first page) in the search results. A lot of bloggers are using this method for getting organic traffic to their blogs.
6. Niche Directory Submission: This unique method starts with RSS feeds, script and software, blogs, web designers, web hosting companies, SEO companies, and other online businesses in its functional domain. It then narrows down the field to a specific category or subcategory that interests you. After that, it’s just a matter of doing a little research to find those specific businesses.
7. Reciprocal Directory Submission: Direct response advertising via yellow pages and other media has been around for decades. However, in recent years, with the proliferation of online advertising, the importance of yellow page advertising has increased exponentially. If you use direct mail or run a TV or radio campaign, you need to be using yellow pages (and ideally, all of them) to optimize your results.
How to Submit a Website to a Directory Submission Site?
One of the easiest ways to get more traffic to your website is to have it listed on some of the top search engines. You can do this by submitting your website to a search engine every month. It’s free and easy to do. Just go to https://localchoose.com/pricing-plan/ and enter your website address (or whatever URL you want to add). Then Google will show you a little box where you can put a short description about your website. After that, all you have to do is copy the address in the top left corner of that box and paste it into the address bar of your browser.
Directory Submission Sites List (2021)
Paid Web Directories vs Free Web Directories
The best type of backlinks you can get to improve your site’s ranking in Google are from the paid or sponsored directory sites. They are specifically designed with the goal of helping you get a better ranking in mind.
Because it’s the most searched for term on the internet, people use the “site:” command more than any other command which means that they will see a positive effect on their search engine rankings even faster than they expect.
There are many advantages to being a member of a paid directory such as the Top 100 Sites:
• It’s more credible. Because the paid directories have very few members, it gives the impression that more people are using these sites and finding them useful.
• It provides more value. Because the paid directories have fewer members than the free ones, there is less competition and therefore more room for everyone to succeed. And because there are so few members, the value of being listed there is greater.
So make sure to look for paid directories before building links using directory submission.
Things to consider while making directory submission
There are a lot of things that you should check upon before submitting your site to directories. Here are some of the recommendations and tips:
- The very first thing you should do is make sure the directory is crawled by major search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc. It’s important to get listed on websites with a high “Degree Of Authority” (DA) because high DA websites are ranked higher in the organic results of a web search.
- This exercise will help you uncover hidden gems you might not have known existed!
- Another important consideration is the frequency with which the website chooses to list new products. Check the “Recently Listed” and “Frequently Bought Together” sections of the website. This will give you an idea about the kind of products the website chooses to sell most often.
- Try to use a manual directory submission service provider and avoid using automated tools that make 1000 submissions per minute.
- To check the authenticity of a site, look up the site in a search engine and see where it shows up in the list of results. If it’s not listed in the first three or four pages, then the site isn’t legitimate.
- You should not use only directory submissions; you should also use other techniques such as guest blogging, social bookmarking, and so on.
- Follow the rules of the directory submission site you are using. Every site has different requirements. Check the submissions guidelines of that site. Selecting the wrong category can get your website rejected or even removed.
Do’s and Don’ts of Directory Submission Sites
Don’t submit your site to a directory that you haven’t checked out. Research the directory carefully to find out if it is a reputable site, and if it is free.
- A great way to get more traffic to your website is to submit your site to well-known web directories. And don’t forget to get backlinks from quality sites that are relevant to your site. They, too, will help with your website’s search engine optimization.
- Use short and descriptive anchor text and don’t be redundant. Don’t use the same keyword over and over. Select different keywords for each link. Change the description in each link.
- Make sure the directory you are selecting provides a unique category structure that will help you find the products faster when you are organizing them by category. This will speed up the process of submitting your site into Amazon’s category system and make your products more visible to customers.
- Remember to check the Domain Authority of the directory…
- Your title should be descriptive and should include the most important keyword. The keyword should be repeated (in context) in the first few sentences of your copy.
- If the website is not already listed, do a quick search in the Amazon Directory to make sure it doesn’t exist there. It will save you a lot of time.
- Always consider quality when you are building links. Do not opt for any link that is not from a high PR directory. Doing so will hurt, instead of help, your SEO efforts. Links from high PR directories do tend to point more visitors to your site, but there’s no substitute for good old-fashioned quality.
- Refrain from paying for the links. Choose those one-way links via directory submission only.
- Make sure to keep track of your submissions and approve them as soon as possible. Some free directory submission sites will approve your site immediately, while others might require you to pay a small fee to get your site submitted on the first few sites.
- You must document your work to determine if your SEO strategies are working for you or not. Documentation helps ensure the future of your website.
- A link is only as strong as its ability to point to another page. Sometimes, links are ignored by a search engine. When this happens, redirects are used instead of the links. Redirects can be set up for most links on your site. This means that instead of the link going to the actual webpage, the link points to a different webpage which is coded to say that the visitor should go to the first webpage.
- Link farms, bad neighborhoods, and free-for-all (FFA) link sites can harm your site. So can advertising links from them. That’s why it’s important to know how to avoid these types of links and advertising links to them.
- If you see that the directory is not approving the site automatically, don’t panic. There’s a good chance they’re going to review it manually anyway, so just keep submitting sites until you get one that will accept your site.
- Do not submit mirror sites as they comprise identical content but have different URLs.
- There are many spam filters that will reject a site if you try to submit it in the same month that it was submitted to another directory. So, if you are sending more than one site at a time, pick a different category for each one, or else make all of your submissions in the same month.
- It’s not a good idea to resubmit the same URL more than once. This is a bad practice that can get your account permanently banned.
- Do not opt for the site that redirects to another address
- Make sure the site is finished and completely ready to go before you submit it to the directory. If the site has not been completed and is under construction, don’t even think about submitting it.
Do Directory Submission Sites Replace Backlink Building?
Yes, it is an excellent way to get a ton of backlinks. And, if you’re not already using it, you should start using this tactic right away. It’s easy to set up and doesn’t require any type of special software or plugins.
Some SEO experts say you should never use directory submissions for links, but I think it’s worth a try. If you can find some good sites, then it’s worth a shot. Usually, I recommend trying to get into the top ten results for a long tail keyword phrase.
Using directory submissions as a way to get links for any new site is one of the best ways to get links for that site. It has several benefits, but its major benefit is that it improves the domain authority of the site, increases the site’s rank in the search engines, increases the site’s traffic, and diversifies the type of links that are coming to that site.
Choose the best paid or free directory submission site and avail the benefits.